I am a promise breaker. I vowed to myself in my last blog post that I would blog twice a week… and here I am with my first post in 11 days. Oh well. What can I do. School is time consuming. I will do my best continue attempting to blog twice a week, but it may be difficult, with the momentum of school picking up.
This bread is super popular among other food blogs, and I figured there must be a reason for why. I had some leftover dough from some cinnamon buns I baked, so I rolled and cut it out into squares, stacked them with sprinkles of cinnamon sugar in between, and baked the loaf in my mini loaf pan after covering the top in more cinnamon sugar. While the bread was baking, I put together a nutella glaze to drizzle over the top. Even though I’ve been trying to cut down on the sweets that I bake, I tried some of the pull apart bread out of curiosity. And it was good! The outside was sweetest, with touches of cinnamon sugar and nutella glaze. The inside was soft, fluffy, and best dipped into the glaze. I liked it better than the cinnamon buns, to be honest.
I used leftover dough, but there are quite a few recipes out there in the blog world. There are also other variations, some that I hope to try out some day. The recipe for the cinnamon bun dough and the nutella glaze (which I kind of just put together on a whim) are below!
Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, salt, eggs, and flours.
- Knead with hands for about 3-5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and set in a warm area for an hour, or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to n400 degrees F.
- Punch dough to inflate the dough, the roll out with a rolling pun.
- Slice dough into approximately evenly sized strips.
- Stack strips and slice into squares to fit loaf pan.
- Lay squares out and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (2 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 cup sugar).
- Stack squares on top of each other, then lay the stack horizontally in loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While baking, make nutella glaze.
- 1/4 cup nutella
- 2-4 TB powdered sugar
- 1-3 tsp milk
- Combine all ingredients in measurements to fit desired sweetness and consistency.
- Drizzle over pull apart bread.